What Information Do We Collect?
Processing of your personal information (meaning individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or is reasonably capable of being associated with a particular consumer or household and includes identifiers such as a name and email address, “Personal Information”) is necessary for the performance of our contractual obligations you and providing you with our services, to protect our legitimate interests, and for compliance with legal and financial regulatory obligations to which we are subject.
In order to continuously improve your service and tailor our subsequent communications to you, we may also ask you to provide us with additional information regarding your comments and contact preferences.
Non-personal information is data that should not identify or reasonably relate to a specific person or allow Lulubee Artisanal Chocolates to contact a specific person which may be made available or gathered via your use of the Website (“Non-personal Information”). We are not aware of the identity of a User from which the Non-personal Information was collected. Non-personal Information which is being collected may include your aggregated usage information and technical information transmitted by your device, including certain software and hardware information (e.g., the type of browser and operating system your device uses, language preference, access time, etc.) in order to enhance the functionality of our Website. We may also collect information on your activity on the Website (e.g., pages viewed, online browsing, clicks, actions, etc.).
Lulubee Chocolates uses the information that we collect to support our operations and to provide Services that are available via the Website and Mobile Application.
How Do We Receive Information about You?
We receive your Personal Information from various sources:
- When you voluntarily provide us your personal details in order to register on our Website;
- When you use or access our Website in connection with your use of our services;
- From third party providers, services, and public registers (e.g., traffic analytics vendors, etc.).
What Do We Do with the Information we Collect?
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you—sending you notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed of our latest updates and services;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Website (see more under ”Advertisements”);
- To market our websites and products (see more under ”Marketing”);
- Conducting statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Website.
In addition to the different uses listed above, we may transfer or disclose Personal Information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and subcontractors.
- Hosting and operating our Website;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalized display of our Website;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us retarget any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Website and services;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics, or analytics;
We may also disclose information if we have good faith to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud, or security issues; (iv) establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself, or any third party; or (vi) collaborate with law enforcement agencies, and/or in case we find it necessary to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
You may request to:
- Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed, and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute, and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements.
If you wish to exercise any of the aforementioned rights, or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) at email@example.com.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable time. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications, and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations.
We may rectify, replenish, or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
A ”cookie” is a small piece of information that a website assigns to your device while you are viewing a website. Cookies are very helpful and can be used for various different purposes. These purposes include allowing you to navigate between pages efficiently, enable automatic activation of certain features, remembering your preferences, and making the interaction between you and our Services quicker and easier. Cookies are also used to help ensure that the advertisements you see are relevant to you and your interests and to compile statistical data on your use of our Services.
The Website uses the following types of cookies:
- “session cookies” are stored only temporarily during a browsing session to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- “persistent cookies” are read only by the Website, saved on your computer for a fixed period, and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in; and
- “third-party cookies” which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third party analytics companies who monitor and analyze our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Website may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Third Party Collection of Information
How Do We Safeguard Your Information?
Transfer of Data Outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use a third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access the Website. This technology uses your information with regards to your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser).
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/.
We may use your Personal Information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc. ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials, concerning our services, which we believe may interest you.
Out of respect to your right to privacy, we provide you within such marketing materials with means to decline receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists.
Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Website is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorization by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Contact Us
If you have any general questions about the Website or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Lulubee Artisanal Chocolates
5720 Hidcote Dr
Lincoln, NE 68516
Last Modified 11/13/2020